Award winning Visitor Information Centres on the Fraser Coast
Fraser Coast Tourism and Events operates three visitor information centres in Maryborough, Hervey Bay and Hervey Bay Airport and services a network of other centres throughout the region. The visitor centres are staffed seven days a week, grossing nearly $950,000 in tours, merchandise and product sales on behalf of partners and are an increasingly important channel to market.
We work continually to ensure our staff and volunteers understand every aspect of Fraser Coast tourism product.
Our team at the Hervey Bay Visitor Information Centre have become known as one of the best Visitor Information Centres in Queensland and Australia with the following awards:
- Gold award for Visitor Information Services at the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards
- Bronze award for Visitor Information Services at the 2016 Australian Tourism Awards
- Bronze award for Visitor Information Services at the Queensland Tourism Awards
- Gold award for Visitor Information Services at the Queensland Tourism awards
- Multiple awards at the Queensland Information Centre Awards (QICA) for areas across customer services, business planning and innovation, tourism excellence and marketing.